The Insurance Institute has always been involved in organising the Dive In Festival since its launch in Ireland five years ago. Dive In is truly helping the insurance industry get fit for the future, in our battle for talent, highlighting the case for diverse and inclusive workplaces, and providing practical ideas and inspiration for how to bring about positive change. We are delighted to support the virtual events taking place this year.
If you want to get involved, you can attend the upcoming virtual events - read all about them below!
1. Pathway to Transformational Change: How can the Insurance Industry lead on D&I from the Top?
When: Wednesday 23 September, 10:00am - 11:30am
Description: The Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) is instrumental in driving the D&I agenda in Financial Services in Ireland. This panel includes a senior CBI D&I leader alongside CEOs representing major sectors in Ireland who walk the talk on D&I. We will explore the key issues and policies that facilitate this pathway to change.
- Lisa O’ Mahony, Head of Advisory & Inspections of Governance, Operational and Insurance Risk, Central Bank of Ireland
- Pat O’ Doherty, Chief Executive of ESB & Apprenticeship Council Chairman
- Anne O'Leary, CEO of Vodafone & Chair of GOAL
- Moyagh Murdock, CEO of Insurance Ireland
Panel Leader: Regina O'Connor, SVP and Global Head of Government Affairs & Regulatory Policy, AXA XL, Chair of Dive In Ireland
2. Addressing Unconscious Bias in the Workplace: an intrinsic tool to improving Inclusion & Diversity
When: Thursday 24 September, 12:30pm - 2:00pm
Description: The aim of this panel is to unpick the panelists professional and personal experiences with Unconscious Bias and of their experiences of Inclusion & Diversity (or non-inclusion/diversity) more generally.
- Adaku Ezeudo, Diversity and Inclusion Consultant, Inspirational Speaker, Facilitator and Executive Coach
- Julie O'Neill, Board of Ryanair Holdings Plc, Permanent TSB Plc, Ryanair DAC, XLICSE and AXA Life Europe Ltd
- Sandra Healy, Head of Equality, Diversity & Inclusion at DCU and Founding Director of DCU Centre of Excellence for Diversity & Inclusion
Panel Leader: Tony Hetherton, Branch Manager of Travelers Ireland
3. Fireside chat with Deputy Governor of Central Bank of Ireland, Ed Sibley
When: Friday 25th September, 1:00pm - 2:00pm
Description: This event will focus on the importance of D&I for Ed Sibley personally, for the Financial Sector and the CBI within the context of the recent CBI publication of the “Thematic Assessment of D&I in Insurance Firms".
Host: Regina O' Connor SVP & Global Head of Government Affairs & Regulatory Policy, AXAXL, Chair of Dive In Ireland & Global Representative of Dive In for AXA.
In recognition of new ways of working, Dive In is going virtual, allowing festival goers to attend many events around the world via an online portal. Register for any of the Irish or Global sessions by visiting www.diveinfestival.com.